St. Paul Lutheran Church is a member of the New England Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA). St. Paul is located in Lanesville, a neighborhood of Gloucester, Massachusetts. In 1893, Finnish immigrants started this church in another building in this neighborhood. In Rockport, a different group of Finnish and Scandinavian immigrants started another Lutheran church. The two churches consolidated their membership in the mid-20th century, and settled here in this location. We have been and remain a strong Lutheran presence on Cape Ann, active in community life. We are part of the Northeastern Massachusetts conference of the New England Synod of the ELCA. Synod means “walking together.” For more on the New England Synod, please visit the website at www.nesynod.org. We are located at 1123 Washington Street, Gloucester, Massachusetts, and our office phone number is (978) 283-6550.